Back in Boston

I'm back in Beantown for several days, before heading to the West Coast for the month of May. So look for more frequent comments on the American political scene, some nice travel photos, the usual science blogging, and perhaps a few surprises. Things are off to a good start: That's the sun I see outside my window in Chestnut Hill.

Stop attacks on researchers who work with animals. Speaking of the West Coast, my colleague Greg Miller, a correspondent for Science based way out there, covered a rally on the UCLA campus (my alma mater) in support of biomedical research. Click the link to check out his report on our ScienceInsider policy blog.

Save the Globe! The Boston Globe, that is. They've already deep-sixed the Monday health and science section and now the New York Times Company, which owns it, is thinking about pulling the plug on the whole operation. A solidarity site can be found here along with a petition to sign.

Post a Comment

0 Comments