Obama endorsement stampede

I'm worried that someone is going to get hurt as Republicans rush to be among the first in their party to endorse Obama. Since Colin Powell gave Barack his blessing last Sunday, the number of conservatives jumping ship has grown exponentially. The list is now so long that I can't keep up with it, so I will refer you to the good folks at Talking Points Memo who gleefully post the name of each Republican who comes in out of the cold.

Look for the river to turn into a flood between now and election day. No one wants to be on the wrong side of history, and folks, these are historic times.

Great moments in election year blogging. Jon Swift dredges the rightwing blogosphere for Pulitzer quality material--and comes up with plenty.

Post a Comment

2 Comments

Anne Gilbert said…
Well, at least one of the "hurt" won't be Colin Powell!
Anne G
Jeff Meredith said…
I was dying after reading the Jon Swift post ... you know, I still don't understand why someone would shoot Ron Brown in the head and then crash the plane. I guess they just wanted to make sure that he was really, really dead!

The problem with Jon's post is that it might discourage these right wing maniacs from writing in the future. If he embarrasses them too much, we'll all be deprived of their ramblings about Bill Ayers writing Obama's book, Obama having sex with a dead hooker, etc. Life wouldn't be quite as funny without the writings of right wing nutcases. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to catch a flight to Obama's "real birthplace" of Mombasa, Kenya.